Wish, Waste, Miss or Believe: It’s Your Choice
- I used to wish I was a gifted speaker, in high demand.
- I wasted time worrying, envying, striving.
- I missed His whisper, the one calling me to write.
- He called again. I answered.
- I used to wish I was an extrovert, beloved by all.
- I wasted hours grieving over the fact I’m an introvert’s introvert.
- I missed quality time with my community, friends, family, Him.
- He introduced me to the me He created me to be. I like her.
- I used to wish love and acceptance had nothing to do with clothing size.
- I wasted hours, days, years believing they did.
- I missed out on joy, contentment, peace.
- He showed me the gift of salvation was mine because He loved me ~ period.
These are three of many wishes and wastes which caused me to miss so much.
I don’t think I’m alone in this.
How about you? What wishes and wastes caused you to miss out?
When did you realize what you were missing and what did you miss?
For me, I began believing HIM over him.
“For (I am) his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that (I) should walk in them.” ~ Ephesians 2:10“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;” ~ Jeremiah 1:5“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11
Image courtesy of Pinterest