You’re Invited to a Discussion on the Importance of Forgiveness…
WHAT: Discussion on the Importance of FORGIVENESS…
WHEN: Thursday, August, 9, 2012, 7am-8am CST…
WHO: Everyone, especially…
- Anyone who has struggled with forgiving another or even themselves
- Someone who has walked the journey to forgiveness and wants to help others
- One who is currently striving to forgive self or another
WHY: Here’s why…
- Forgiveness is really hard because it goes against our human concept of fairness.
- Unforgiveness leads to anger and bitterness and that’s not what God desires for our lives.
- To truly forgive means we have to admit we’ve been hurt or violated.
- He’s called us to live abundantly (John 10:10) and holding onto unforgiveness prohibits that abundance.
How will it work:
Beginning at 7am CST, questions will be posted on the UpLIFTing Words Facebook Page timeline. Once the question appears, I ask that you read and respond accordingly. In addition, if there is anything you can offer others participating ~ encouragement, inspiration, comfort, support, verses ~ please feel free to share. Let’s be real, honest, authentic and transparent, not forgetting we’re called to, “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” ~ Galatians 6:2 (ESV)
Additionally, when sharing, let’s not forget to:
Fix (our) thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. ~ Philippians 4:8 (NLT)
Keys to remember:
Forgiveness requires us to face our pain.
Forgiveness asks us to leave vengeance to the Father
Forgiveness is an ongoing project. (I recently wrote about my ongoing journey toward forgiveness here.)
I’m excited for Thursday and what the Father has for us.
Please tweet this post as well as share it on Facebook, Pinterest and Google+. Let’s allow HIM to do a healing work on, in and through us.
See you Thursday…