I found Ann Voskamp.
No, she wasn’t lost, just found by me.
Her one thousand gifts changed me.
No, not physical gifts, just the gift of perspective.
It’s not always what is lost, but what is gained during and after an event ~ a gift.
It’s in the simple moments we find His delicate touch ~ a gift.
It’s during the unexpected times that we find His grace and hope ~ a gift.
He doesn’t re-gift.
His gifts are not last-minute.
Nor are they afterthoughts.
They’re especially chosen for you. They’re especially chosen for me.
In the spirit of Ann, I am purposefully looking for HIS gifts ~ everyday.
With that in mind, today marks a new addition to my BLOG ~ UpLIFTing GIFTing.
UpLIFT GIFTs are what I receive from Him…
UpLIFT GIFTs are what you receive from Him…
I’ll share mine and I’d love it if you’d share yours.
So, without further adieu, my gifts (in no particular order)…
- not having to wake to an alarm, at least one set for 530 am
- a clear blue sky with puffy, floating clouds
- a visit from a dear friend
- a cool, comfortable home in which to retreat in the midst of 90 degree heat
- lunch with new friends who are quickly becoming dear friends
- a husband with great insight and discernment
- the smell of freshly cut grass
- iced tea with a bowl of lemons
- MADE TO CRAVE by Lysa Terkeurst
- passion for writing and the ability to do so
You may have 10 to share. You may have more or less. Whatever gifts you’ve received to date ~ share.
Next week ~ more gifts!
Be purposeful and intentional as you look.
Be appreciative and thankful when you find them.
We’ll all rejoice together.